Show summary Hide summary
Shortly after 3 a.m. on Oct. 5, a confrontation over a mistaken order at a San Antonio Whataburger spiraled into a large fight that was captured on video and has since led to seven arrests. The episode, shared widely on social media, has drawn attention to late-night safety at fast-food locations and is now the focus of an active police investigation.
San Antonio police say officers were called to the restaurant after reports of an assault. According to the department, the incident began when two groups argued about swapped food orders; the disagreement quickly escalated into physical violence.
What the footage reveals
Thrifty ice cream returns to shelves nationwide: fans rush to buy nostalgic pints
Pasta salad blunders ruining your cookout: pro chef shares easy fixes
A clip posted online by a witness documents the initial confrontation: a woman is struck while standing at the counter, and others rush in moments later. The situation intensifies as multiple people become involved, and one man wearing a gray shirt is seen being overwhelmed by several assailants and curling into a defensive position on the floor.
Several bystanders appear to record the fight on their phones, and at least one person can be heard attempting to intervene and calling for help. Police arrived on scene and dispersed the group; authorities reported no serious injuries at the location.
The San Antonio Police Department booked seven people on charges of assault causing bodily injury. The arrestees, identified by Bexar County booking records, are:
- Andres Garcia Cardenas, 21
- Tyrone Tolliver, 21
- Miguel Torres, 57
- Meili Torres, 21
- Andrew Lopez, 21
- Deontae Tolliver, 23
- Veronica Valdez, 53
Family members of those involved have signaled they will pursue legal action, and the person who posted the video told reporters the dispute broadened after staff reportedly told customers the missing food had already been handed over to others. Fox News Digital reached out to the video?s uploader for comment.
Company response and next steps
A Whataburger spokesperson said the chain is cooperating with local law enforcement and emphasized that employee and guest safety is a priority. The San Antonio Police Department describes the case as ongoing and has not released further public details while investigators continue to gather evidence.
The incident highlights several broader concerns: the potential for seemingly minor service errors to escalate, the role of social media in documenting public incidents, and the strain on emergency services responding to late-night disturbances. For restaurants and patrons alike, the episode underscores the importance of de-escalation training and clear staff protocols for handling order disputes.
Authorities encourage anyone with additional information or footage related to the altercation to contact the San Antonio Police Department to assist the investigation.
In-N-Out assault: Colorado man charged after 15-year-old doused with water
boxed spice cake upgrade: dark liquor turns store-bought mix into rich dessert












